Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To be profound

I feel as though I should be profound, this is, after all, my first post. The trouble is, I've always found it hard to be profound. A few years ago, I learned a game called Profound or Profane. As you can guess, you needed to either deliver a toast with meaning or cussing. Try as I might, my profound toasts never were very good. Profanity was much easier.

As a new mother, I've learned many things about myself. For one, I don't like cussing. I don't like swear words. Simple as that. I find them tactless. I wasn't raised around that sort of language yet, for many years, I spoke it. The F word was thrown around quite a bit with my sister, as was the B word. It seemed to have become a sport to see who could use the most curse words. Looking back now, I am ashamed of my actions and my words. That is why I don't want people to cuss around my daughter. I want her to have a colorful vocabulary but not a vulgarer one. I have changed myself to be the type of person I want my daughter to be. Lead by example, as they say.

My profound statement is this: I want to be the person my father wants me to be and one day, I hope my daughter will be the person I hope she will be come.

No comments:

Post a Comment