Friday, February 19, 2010

I had meant to write about the gDiapers again today, since I washed them for the first time. In the past 2 days we used 10 gCloth inserts (one prefold the "first" night), 8 snap-in liners and 7 covers. Granted, I think I put aside the covers too soon with the first few dirty diapers. But that's not what I came to write about really.

B laughed today. Not just grunting. Not just one laugh then stopping because she got the hiccups. She laughed and she laughed and she laughed. It was the best thing in the world to hear my daughter laugh, really laugh. Last weekend, I was talking to my friend about her version of laughing. She told me about her youngest daughter. Since the day she was born, whenever she laughs, she gets the hiccups. Every time she laughs, really laughs, she gets the hiccups. Silly first time mom here, I was a little worried. I admit, I was starting to think that maybe something was wrong with her (maybe her lungs/diaphragm/stomach) and the newborn screen test was going to come back positive. I planned to talk to her doctor at our 6 month appointment. And I still plan to talk to him about it but know, I'm not as worried. I know there is at least one other child who hiccups as soon as she laughs. And I now know that B can laugh without the hiccups.

Oh, that laugh was the sweetest thing I have ever heard. She's learned how to...blow raspberries(?) with her tongue and lips. It was cute, so I started to do it back. She laughed. I did it again, she laughed again. After she started to get a little bored with it, I said "Boo!". She laughed again. I switched between "boo" and raspberries.She loved it! So many laughs. Then I tickled her. And she laughed and laughed and laughed. To a mother who has never heard more than a "ha" from her 6 month old daughter, a laugh is such a beautiful thing. I wish I had someone here, to get it on video. I want to hear that laugh for the rest of my life. I know one day, that laugh will change so I want it. And I want to show her, how she laughed, how adorable she was when she laughed.

She's laying next to me, in bed, right now. Every time I try to scoot away a bit, so I don't disturb her sleep, she scoots towards me. It's sweet. I'm running out of room on the bed but it's still sweet. So, now, I'm going to scoot towards her and cuddle the heck out of her while I still can. Six months flew by, I don't want to lose a moment of the next six.

No comments:

Post a Comment